However complex or straightforward, we add value to the travel programmes of charities and academic institutions worldwide. We offer a full travel management service from booking taxis to complex multi-stop journeys across Africa. Tell us where you need to be and when and we’ll make it happen.
Charity and academic faresAs a specialist in charity and academic travel, our consultants bring a wealth of experience and understanding to often complex travel requirements. We know our clients don’t want to be waiting at a train station for hours or rushing to another airport for a connecting flight, so we focus on reducing the stress of travel for our clients, as much as we do the cost. Our Executive Chairman negotiated the first charity air fares in the UK over 30 years ago, and created academic fares 10 years later. As a result, our clients benefit from the widest range of charity, academic and negotiated fares available – one of the reasons why we’re the leading travel management company working in this field. We continually benchmark our charity, academic and negotiated fares against published fares and low-cost carriers to make sure we're always getting the best deal for our customers.
Benefits of charity and academic fares
- Increased baggage allowance
- The ability to hold seats provisionally for up to 11 month, securing the lowest fares until you are ready to commit
- Increased flexibility and reduced change and cancellation penalties should your plans change after your booking is confirmed
- No minimum stay requirement
- Network fares from and to any point on the airlines' network for travellers whose journey does not originate in the UK
We provide our clients with the widest range of global accommodation options, the flexibility to change and cancel right up to the last minute and access to discounted charity and corporate rates alongside those from online providers, including Expedia.
Access the best rates whether booking offline or online as a result of the significant purchasing power of our hotel partners and global affiliates
Our hotel negotiators use an industry leading Request For Proposal (RFP) tool to ensure we obtain the best possible rates for our clients' global hotel programmes and one off events/conferences
A variety of payment options to suit your requirements including pre-paid and bill-back
We negotiate direct deals with smaller hotels, guest houses, B&Bs, and other accommodation to obtain special rates for clients with high volume requirements in specific destinations
Our online rail solutions enable clients to book the most cost effective and convenient tickets within policy, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We work with the UK's leading rail content providers and offer bespoke solutions to meet the specific requirements of our customers.
Our rail team also make reservations for non-UK rail travel, whether it's within Europe or further afield.
Our clients can also
- Hold bookings at the lowest fare within policy, without commitment
- Save an average of 30% over fares bought at the station
- See the carbon emissions of your journey before you book
- Print your own ticket at home, or send it to your mobile device
- Gain full visibility of your organisation's spend through comprehensive management information reports
- Ensure travel policy compliance and highlight last minute bookers to drive down your rail spend
- Our global taxi service provides all-inclusive flat rates, agreed at the time of booking, confirmation and updates sent via SMS or email, payment via your Diversity Travel account, drivers who monitor flight updates, adjusting their pick-up time accordingly.
- Our Meet and Assist Service (MAAS) provides travellers with trained staff to accompany them during their time at the airport, whether on arrival, before departure, or while waiting for a connecting flight. This service is perfect for helping to overcome language barriers, when checking in or finding your way around the airport.
- You can relax in style in our dedicated lounges, no matter which airline you are flying with or your class of travel. These friendly, peaceful oases are the ideal place to relax, eat, or catch up with work. Your dedicated travel consultant will be able to offer this service at most major airports worldwide.